Our ethos and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
The School aims:
- To develop the full potential of each pupil in a stimulating and supporting environment
- To provide a broad, balanced, differentiated and relevant curriculum to include the National Curriculum
- To develop self-esteem and self-confidence by providing activities and programmes which allow pupils the experience of success
- To share and celebrate pupils’ success
- To prepare for adult life and provide equal opportunities for all
- To recognise the value of working with ‘Parents as Partners’ by establishing effective communication systems between home, school and external agencies
The School Philosophy:
- At The Shrubberies School pupils are valued equally
- They are recognised as individuals with differing personalities and the ability to excel in differing ways
- Each pupil is respected regardless of sex, colour, or creed and it is belief that with a positive and optimistic approach from all concerned, each and every pupil can be helped to reach his or her potential in preparation for the world of today.
- We have high expectations for every pupil in school and we hope to broaden his/her horizons by offering a variety of exciting and stimulating experiences, both within school and further afield.
- Socially acceptable behaviour is encouraged at all times, with pupils developing an awareness and understanding of the needs and rights of others.
- We recognise that the school staff are not working in isolation. The view and experiences of both pupils, parents and other professionals are taking into consideration at all times.